Friday, April 6, 2012

Peanut butter-Chocolate-Banana Cinnamon Rolls

I had a dream that I was eating something super delicious and I when I woke up I was craving it, I couldn't stop thinking about it for a week. In the end Mr. Handsome just told me to make it and eat it! And so I did. It was literally a dream come true.

Thus, I would like to introduce you all to Peanut Butter-Chocolate-Banana Cinnamon Rolls otherwise known as Heaven Rolls.



Yields about 19 rolls
Bake it at 225°C (437 Fahrenheit) for 30 minutes. 


Dough
1kg (8 cups) flour
100gr (3.5 oz) butter
5.5dl  (2.3 cups) milk
42gr (1.5 oz) fresh yeast


Melt together butter and milk in a pot. In a bowl add flour and make a little valley, in that valley break the yeast cube into smaller pieces. Check the temperature of the butter and milk mixture, it shouldn't be hot, only warmish, stick your finger in there and it should feel like a comfortable finger Jacuzzi.


Add the butter and milk mixture to the flour and yeast and mix well together. Set aside and let rise for 45 minutes - 1 hour.

When the dough has risen take it out of the bowl and roll it out, the dough should be around finger width or thinner.

Filling 
1 jar of peanut butter (15oz / 425gr)
300gr (10.5 oz) milk chocolate (chopped)
dash of cinnamon
2 bananas (cut in slices)

First smear the peanut butter on the dough like it is bread. Spread the chocolate pieces and the banana slices  and sprinkle the entire thing with pure cinnamon.




Roll it up and cut it in slices. Stuff the slices into a buttered oven dish and slide it into the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until it seems to be ready.


Frosting
250ml (1 cup) brown sugar
130gr (4.5 oz) butter
2dl (6.6 oz) milk


Add the butter and brown sugar into a pot and stir until melted, let it cool for couple of minutes and add the milk. Whip it carefully.

The Heaven Rolls can be enjoyed warm or cold, with the frosting or without it.

Enjoy

2 comments :

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...