Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Perfume Challenge Update #1

Last Wednesday I started my Perfume Challenge, it was a mission to use up my perfume samples and to find perfumes that I like!

There are two opinions that I take into consideration about these perfumes and that is do I like them and does Mr. Handsome my taller and tanner half like them. I don't want to wear a perfume that he really doesn't like and I definitely won't wear one that I really don't like.

I will judge the perfumes by if I like them, if Mr. Handsome likes them and their durability.

Guerlain - Insolence 
Fragrance notes:  violet, raspberry, red fruit pulp, rose, orange blossom, iris, tonka bean, musk and sandalwood

Durability: It lasted throughout the day but I felt it might need a top up around lunch time.

Mr. Handsome: Meh
Me: Meh, it smells good but it just doesn't have that special something that I want in perfumes, it is somehow too bland. It does grow on me, when I had it on again later during the week I did like it.
Verdict: Will not buy it

Mariah Carey - M

Fragrance notes: marshmallow, tiare flower, wet gardenia petals, sheet amber, infused with spicy, woody accents of Moroccan incense.

Durability: Medium. It lasted for about 3-4 hours. 

Mr. Handsome: Yes
Me: Almost, it smells quite nice but it isn't a perfume that I would like to wear everyday!
Verdict: Don't think I will buy it. I am on the edge on this one. 

Hermès - Un Jardin Sur Le Toit
Fragrance notes: green grass, apple, pear, rosemary, magnolia, rose, compost.

Durability: I could smell it on my skin for 5-6 hours, horrendous hours.

Mr. Handsome: Didn't even ask him to smell me with this crap on. 
Me: Hell NO, it smells like toilet cleaner! Disgusting. No wonder they describe it smelling like Paris because Paris smells like piss! 

Dior - Hypnotic Poison
Fragrance notes: Bitter Almond, Caraway Spice, Sambac Jasmine, Cinnamon, Tuberose, Vanilla, Musk, Mosses, Jucarunda Wood.

Durability: Amazing! Lasted the entire day and into the evening. 

Mr. Handsome - "meh, smells to much like candy" (direct quote), he as well asked if there was vanilla in it (hates the smell of vanilla).
Me. Yes
Verdict:I like it a lot but I don't plan on buying a bottle since it does have vanilla in it. 

DSQUARED² - She Wood
Fragrance notes: violet leaf, jasmine petals, lemon, violet blossom, cedar wood, heliotrope, musk, vetiver, vegetal amber, neroli bigarade.

Durability: Sprayed decent amount on around 10 AM and by 12 AM I couldn't smell it on me anymore. 

Mr. Handsome: Yes.
Me: No, it was to unisex for me and didn't last long enough.
Verdict: Will not buy it


The general verdict for this week is that none of these perfumes are going on my wishlist! I did finish all the samples except Hermès - Un Jardin Sur Le Toit because it made me nauseous and gave me a headache!

My next week perfumes are:

Guerlain - Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau
Giorgio Armani -  Acqua di Gioia
Biotherm - Eau D'Énergie
Estée Lauder - Sensuous
La Prairie - Silver Rain



2 comments :

  1. haha love this post! Look forward to reading the next installment :) xxx

    lipsticksandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...