Thursday, June 19, 2014

Outfit of the Day #10: Deleting Facebook.

A while ago I decided it was time for me to delete Facebook. There wasn't really one thing that drove me to it, but it was a concoction of multiple things and thoughts that just in the end got to me.

Bag - Satchel Bag With Zip Flap (in Orange) - ASOS / Skirt - ASOS Skater Skirt in Darling Bud Print  / Tanktop - H&M (old) /Tights - H&M (old) Wrap Cardigan - Kookai (old) / Shoes - Reebook (old)
I have to say that I don't miss Facebook at all, I feel invigorated and more creative and at ease. It wasn't that my Facebook feed was filled with negative things it was more that my Facebook was somehow filled with false connection and that false connection was something I hated. 

If someone liked my status didn't mean that they had communicated with me, and the same went with me. I somehow forwent all real communication and connection and chose instead of reading status updates and liking with occasional comment. It just didn't feel right.


I can't deny that since I quit there has been even more lack of communication, mostly because I did use the chat function on Facebook a lot, I am however still in contact with a lot of my friends and family. I as well made sure that by deleting Facebook I wouldn't block and be blocked from messaging my friends, now I just use Skype for it, and I like it more.

I don't feel like I am missing out, most of the people I had as Facebook friends weren't even in the same country as me! Why did I need to be able to watch their life? The truth was I didn't need to watch anybodies lives except for mine, I was getting to focused with other people instead of focusing on what I wanted and what I was going to do.


Have you ever thought about deleting Facebook?

Bisous

1 comment :

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...